Friday, November 06, 2009

My own early morning meditation at Kopan





FSQ NOTE: Every morning from 18 October right till 28 October, at around 4.30am and some times, it is 4.50am, I would be here meditating (seated on the floor in front of the big tree and facing the rest of the world below) and simply just focusing on my breath, breathing in and breathing out till the Monastry opposite rang their bell at 5 am (once I counted and count till 304 ringing times) and till a venerable came to unlock the door of the Gompa and till I hear a few alarm clocks ring and till I also hear the footsteps of my buddhist friend, get up and go to bathroom outside and sometimes I heard him climbing many steps up and up and then I get up and go back to my room. Nobody speak to me nor did I speak to anyone, every morning.

Personally, I love this kind of meditation as it calms down the mind and make it *still*. It is in stillness where insights come and most of the time help me in many of my own decision making. Every morning before I go out to work, I usually do the same at home. And yes, I love to meditate, would you like to join me early morning, next time ? even though we were told to live our lives for this very moment ;)

No comments: