Hi, Today is 10 June 2017 - Saturday. Going to work later as my appointments today are all in the afternoon. So therefore I decided to write my blog.
Today, I am going to share with you on Meditation : How do I meditate ?
6 simple steps :
1) Find a nice cosy spot of your house where you think, you can sit for one hour or two without any one disturbing you.
2) Next, try to sit half lotus with right leg over left or left leg over right. For me because I am into "Tee Chang Wan" therefore when I cross, right leg over left, I can sit and mediate longer. If for some reason, you find it difficult to sit semi lotus then do full sitting on a chair or on edge of the bed.
For some clients, I share with them lying down meditation before sleeping is quite good as it helps you get to sleep ! ;))) rather than doing the actual meditation.
If you are into serious meditation then your back needs to be upright and not lying down.
3) Now, relax the head, the eyes, nose etc till the whole body….focus on telling them to relax.
4) Then say the motivation of this mediation : just say that you hope to become a better person and to be calmer and more relaxed at the work place or in your life.
5) Next : is to bring your mind onto your nose : breath in and imagine white positive energy flowing into the body. Then breath out and imagine black negative qi flowing out of the body and count as 1. Then breath in and breath out and count as 2 till 10 then start 1 again.
When you first start to learn how to meditate, it can be quite difficult to train the scattering mind ….but do not fret or get upset over it. It is like this. Last time when I first learn to meditate, after 3 breaths only then I start to think….oh tomorrow go where, wear what dress etc…
We call these thoughts. for a start, once you note that you are "thinking" then quickly bring your mind back to the breath and start counting again. This is training the mind. Every small step you do, helps. Don't say that you are not getting anywhere….many of us take 10, 20 years of meditating to get to where we are…..
6) We usually sit until the leg starts to cramp then we come out of the mediation. After this, you may shift your leg and continue mediating if you wish or stop. Once you have decided to stop, we will need to dedicate the merits away….You may dedicate merits to your existing parents or children or even yourself as well as to all sentient beings.