Hi today is 28 January 2017 (Saturday) - Today is first lunar month first day which also mark the first day of the new year which is Rooster year !
Did you already "Crow" on the first day of Chinese New Year ? "Crow" here .... I mean speak loudly ha ha !!! 🐓🐓🐓
🔴 Here are the DO's :
1) It is important on the first day of the new year to pay respects to the parents. Therefote on this date, we offer good wishes to our parents and give them big ang pows.
2) Because it is the first day of a lunar month, some people go vegetarian on this day always so that the whole year will be smooth.
3) Next would be visiting to Senior Uncles and Aunties and offering them red packets too.
4) Then depending on your rank in the family, you go home and wait for others to come and pay respect to you. Some do it the next day.....if not it will be too tiring.
5) Some staff even have to go and visit their bosses on first day of CNY. This is to ensure : A FAST, good start to the new year !
✔ Tip : Ever wonder why people do these things silently on their own and yet they had a smooth and peaceful year !? Nobody will tell you why they do these......
⚀ For those in business : The entrepreneurs will go to their office, shop or factory to turn on the air con, lights and computer for one hour to signify that they start work already!
The concept here is : Those who start work quickly will be rewarded fast ! Just like those who went to the temple on CNY eve hoping to be the first one to put the joss sticks in the urn !!!!
Same Concept here.
If you are free tomorrow, you can also go to your office for one hour to get the same "good luck" impact.
⚀ For employess : Anytime the boss tells you when to start work, you start work. And when you work, give it all of your best and effort.
You may wish to carry two big mandarin oranges and one long Chye Sen Yeh red packet and place them all on your desk till they "huat" .
⚀ For students : First day of CNY, make sure you go and touch the school text book and read one line or one paragraph of any subject.
⚀ For houswives : Go do some cooking or washing to ensure that the new year.........you will still have things to do.
As nothing remains constant. Every day, things are moving.....and it is normal to wish that things remain the same.
🔴 FSQ Note : I hope that you had remembered to withdraw money before Li Chun so that you can deposit them in.
Or if you have some spare new notes, keep them till Li Chun then deposit them in, ok ?
Some clients tell me they deposit coins on Li Chun day as the Q is shorter. Food for your thought.
Have a very Happy Happy Huat Huat Lucky Lucky Year of the Rooster 🐓🐓🐓 !!!!