Tuesday, December 10, 2019

My thoughts on my recent "India and Nepal 2019" Pilgrimage -


My thoughts on my recent "India and Nepal 2019" Pilgrimage -

I had signed up for the trip, paid the money which costs over S$3k as I intend to sleep alone in all the 10 days that was in the trip - my only luxury that I have given to myself.

I had been to most of the sites before hence I was not really looking forward to this trip until my client sent me flowers to my office to wish me a good trip to India. I cried when I read the message on the card. 

I have no friends there and all are Hi Hi friends that I met during classes with Venerable Hong Bok. So I was not really looking forward to this trip. In fact there was a day that I wished that I had come back already. that I was home liao. Can you imagine that kind of feeling when you haven gone for the trip and yet you wished that you are home and happily being at home and "Naur" (hokkien for lazy) ???

The flowers brought me inspiration and I told myself. No, I cannot be like this. People take the trouble to buy flowers to wish you a good trip. You must at least look forward to the trip and enjoy the trip. That was the turning point of my outlook change and I began to look forward to my this coming trip.

On hindsight , maybe the Buddha up there knows "my Kuan" and sent somebody to send  me flower to wake me up ! haha.....

So here goes......



No comments: