Tuesday, July 04, 2017

My Dharma Sifu - Master Sheng Yen


Today, 5 July 2017 - Hi…How are you ? Hope you are fine and doing well. Other than work when I am free these days either I mediate or I read a book. The above is a book that arrived from Amazon.com and I finished reading in 3 to 4 hours time ! such an interesting book !!!

On my Dharma Sifu - His name is Master Sheng Yen born in China and currently learning Chan Buddhism from his books. I have the books on Silent Illumination and currently practicing that every day as well as Hua Tou meditation.

On Meditation : I have some clients who found it difficult to sleep and hence have started asking them to do lying down on bed…. mediation. 

Try this :
1) Lay on bed as usual.
2) Put both hands on the stomach but with the two thumbs touching.
3) Then breath in and focus your "mind" on the breath in.
4) Then breath out and focus your "mind" on the breath out.
5) Keep doing this for a while.

6) Then stop breathing and hold your breath. A nice energy will emerge and surround your whole body then start to breath again. This time, you will notice that the breath is slower. Keep doing this way till you fall asleep…….zzzzz


FSQ SG Notes: Today, in Facebook, I wrote :
On seeing sentient beings…."I am you but you are not me" 
a quote taken from Hui Neng, the Sixth Patriarch of Chan Buddhism. Taken from the Sutra of Hui Neng.

The meaning is this : The person in front of you is the sentient being. You are also the person in front of you because your "buddha nature"(true mind) is there. However this person in front of you, is not you.

You may wish to read more from this book …









No comments: