Sunday, September 17, 2017

Buddhist Prayer Wheel -



Today, 18 September 2017 (Monday) - Thank you to all the wonderful 3,099 visitors who came to this blog yesterday. I hope you will come again or at least follow my blog !  ;)))

These days....... when clients whatsApp me about their house reno issues or other issues then I would ask them to follow my blog.  hehe

One of the main reason for blogging in the past was - to keep clients as our valued customers. I started blogging in May 2008 which is a long long time already. I think todate, we have many many satisfied customers already ;))))

On Merits - I first went to Amitabha Buddhist Centre in 1994 as someone told me to learn meditation and said it was good for me. At that time, my mind was really "untrained".

When I was at ABC, I find the buddhist teachings very interesting and "very me" (same as what I feel deep down inside). Therefore, I began to follow their Tibetan teachings and also went on numerous trips to India to visit all Buddhist holy sites.

There are many interesting things to relate about my spiritual path which I shall share once I have the time.

Here is the link for ABC

http://www.fpmtabc.org




Buddhist Prayer Wheels - When we were told to chant 108 times of "OM MANI PADME HUM" on our chanting beads, we were also told that Buddha was so compassionate that he allowed objects to help speed up our chanting.

This is where we have "hand help prayer wheels" where we turn "clockwise" and at the same time, chant "OM MANI PADME HUM".

ABC usually have their fund raising day, once a year. There was once, I witnessed a lady who spent a 5 figure sum to have a 108 prayer beads by His Holiness or Lama Zopa Rinpoche. I cannot who but I remembered vividly because I also wanted to "have' one of these holy objects too. It was like a "must have" kind of thing.

After a few years, one fine day, I managed to sponsor a big prayer wheel which contained many many "OM MANI PADME HUM". So if, I turn one round, I would have chanted many many of "OM MANI PADME HUM".

This prayer wheel now sits on my altar table at home and I have two of these but I turn only one prayer wheel every day when I pray to Buddha before I set off for work. I also do 3 long prostrations to Buddha every day.

So if you multiplied the number of long prostrations todate, I would have done, many many.

I would also have had chanted many, many "OM MANI PADME HUM"

What I want to say here is - start chanting........a bit a day is also good. Then when you wish to, buy one of these prayer wheel to help you speed up your chanting.

The reason why we needed to learn at least one chant in our lifetime is - when we need help that time, all we need to do is to chant silently "OM MANI PADME HUM" and we would be saved and blessed.

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL &  HAPPY MONDAY !!!

No comments: