Monday, September 18, 2017

Should a couple buy direct from HDB from fengshui perspective ?


Today, 18 September 2017 (Monday) 2.40pm - Most people know that I rest on Monday.....these days, Monday also work but more on blogging. True.....you need to spend time blogging and you also need to think of new things to write.

Today, I decided that it is going to be about investments - Should a young couple buy direct from HDB from fengshui perspective ?

For a young couple, in my opinion, it is best to 
1) Buy their first home direct from HDB -  That way, if 5 years later they wish to sell that unit and move on....most likely they can make a profit. How much is the profit, one cannot say as the property environment now and 15 years ago is very very different.

They can grow their wealth by keeping the existing flat and then buy a small condo (let's not talk about stamp duty, got stamp duty also pay lah) but first  make the first unit fully paid, first.

The quantum these days, we are looking at is quite huge as compared to my time in 1988 (aged 28) where an executive HDB flat cost S$106k and can be fully paid after buying, having worked only for a few years. Times have changed.......

Please remember not to wah wah............and don't compare because times HAVE changed. 

If I want to compare, with the money that I buy my first HDB flat, I could have had bought two corner terrace houses as my parents bought theirs for S$35k ;)))) (I think I was 9 years old then)


2) Can buy EC  -  Couples usually don't have the downpayment to do a booking. I met a couple whose parents that I know of. I advised them to think carefully of what they want first before they make their plans.

I told them the options and that - should they wish to buy an EC, I told her, I am sure your parents can help you the downpayment ;))) she looked at me and then said.........yah but monthly installments.

It is true that an EC cost quite a fair bit for a young couple. Maybe after studying all the options, new HDB flats seem a better option.

For both options, of course fengshui must be chosen and  good for the next 30 years then buy. Some directions, cannot make it de.



3) Buying a resale flat - But this can be tricky in terms of fengshui and the number of lease left. I did tell them that if it is resale flats....first choose Good fengshui first then buy then second buy those just completed 5 years so that their lease is still strong and still can last a fairly good 90 years.


Newer resale HDB fengshui tends to be better in terms of Qi.

Fengshui is about the flow of energy (Qi) throughout the house and they have to flow smoothly others that house don't have good fengshui then one can be in for some trouble.

4) Stay with parents after getting married - can save a lot of money.

5) Rent a room with a view or rent an apartment - Doable ?

FSQ Note - Whatever you decide, the fengshui must be good. Then can live in harmony, good health, wealth etc......

No comments: