Thursday, August 16, 2018

12 steps to chant "Ah Mi Tuo Fo"


12 Steps to chant "Ah Mi Tuo Fo"
1) Start with a pace that you are comfortable with - I had shown you my videos that show you the pace that I now chant.  These days, Lhamo do not visualise the 4 coloured lotus flower anymore, preferring to focus on the 4 Chinese characters above.

2) Some people like the singing version - that is also good. This singing version also got many types.....so you choose your type that you are most comfortable with.

3) We can chant out loud or we can chant silently -

4) Every day best is to chant 5 mins in the morning and 5 mins before you sleep - this help you get a good sleep and with good dreams or no dream.

5) Every day at work or waiting for taxi or for friends - start by silently chanting "Ah Mi Tuo Fo" also good. There was a client whose bazi needs metal so I told her to start chanting as chanting is metal and so very good for her bazi. She had started to do this......let's see how well she progressed at her work place or whether she can get a promotion at work.

6) You can record the teacher's chanting of "Ah Mi Tuo Fo" and then you silently follow the teacher's chanting also can - I do this every night now as it helps me chant more and before sleeping. Then at night, the sleep is so so GOOD !!! no dreams !!!

7) If you have friends who wish to learn chanting....you will need to teach them - if you refuse to teach even basic chanting then you got karma one.....no good for you.

8) Chanting out loud has its good benefits - so far at the most, I can do is solid 30 mins and I had recorded my own chanting so as to listen to it. There was one day when the next day I didn't have work, so I try to do all day chanting type...so slept a few hours like maybe 3 then wake up and chant again.......then next day take 8 precepts and continue through the day till day break then go for work.

9) When we chant , we need to chant with a longing for a father which is Amitabha Buddha - I learnt that this is the way to chant. So you need to understand why you chant ok ?? not lip/mouth  service only !!!

10) Then when you are not chanting is to learn the meaning of "Ah Mi Tuo Fo" what it means - this helps you to have a deeper chant.

11) If you can read a Sutra - Go read "The Buddha speaks of Amitaba" and another one called "The Infinite Sutra"

12) You will also need to know Amitabha Buddha's 48 vows - I read that and then I also recorded my own reading of this and voice recorded it. At times, Lhamo play this recording...........too while waiting for taxi or Grab.

FSQ NOTES : If you wish to have the teacher's recitation of "Ah Mi Tuo Fo", whatsApp me, I can give it to you. 

Kindy note that Lhamo is a beginner in this school of Dharma , started only on 13 May 2018.......only a few months but have been a Buddhist for over 23 years    ;)))))






No comments: