Wednesday, November 21, 2018

How I got myself connected to Jian Hui Fa Si ?


As usual when I am home, I would watch dharma in Youtube....if I am home at 4pm. I would start watching till 12 midnight then go to bed. That would be 8 hours. I don't watch TV or news or any other shows. I also skip dinner when I can, trying real hard to do only one meal a day. Need to train my stomach. But I take chocolates in the evening, small pieces only.

That many hours........however in between sometimes I would meditate and during meditation also listen to dharma.

So one fine day I saw this poster in the Youtube and I contacted the lady, Susan who is the Singapore Coordinator. I heard about them going to do recitation on The Avatamsaka Sutra and I asked if I can sponsor a set. And so I did..........but I was more interested in the dharma group in LINE where Jian Hui Fa Si is. She said she would help us if we have any difficulties in reciting this Sutra.




Now I am happily in this group and am trying my best to recite........then I heard that they printed 5 different colours. When I was there I only collected the white set. Returned home but found that this set didn't have Han Yu Pin Yin so it was very very difficult to recite.  However I still managed to finished till Book 2, chapter 11.

Then on 20 November 2018, I went down to International Plaza again to collect my second set of the Sutra and was home happily reciting it. Now today I am on Book 2, chapter 17. I am considered very very slow already. Give me English one......I think I can do much much better.

Like The Diamond Sutra, I already recited 7 times in English. I did it as and when I wished to. Then I also recited "Tee Chang Zin"........have to check .... how many times I recited in mandarin.

I went to check my notes - todate in 2018,  a total of 18 times since 21 Dec 2016.





No comments: