Sunday, June 16, 2019

What is the next Heavenly Gift you can get ?


What is the next Heavenly Gift you can get ?

There was a time maybe in May, a few days before Venerable Jian Hui was to arrive in Singapore.....I had to quickly finish some chapters and so I continued where I had left and it was chapter 46 when I read the text that says : If one should make a big Vow, one cannot say" So the chinese text of "Pu ke Saur, Pu Ke Saur" pop up in front of me. 

I was VERY SURPRISED but dismissed it that it was not something important. I mean the "pop up chinese words".

Then came the first day of Venerable Jian Hui's talk on 1st June 2019. I wanted to sit at the behind third row so I sat down..... but later one of the organiser invited me go sit in front row. I had to move as I was very early and actually there were plenty of seats for me to choose. So I went to sit in front row facing Venerable Jian Hui who was already there. 

Then it happened - during her talk, she would  ask us questions and if we agree, we would raise our hand. It is a form or getting the audience to interact with the speaker technique. This I knew as I read from somewhere.

Then on one occasion she asked : if you are 60 years old this year, raise your hand. So I raised mine. But before I raised my hand, I asked the question again if it was : if you are 60 years old this year, raise your hand .......then I raised mine. This is because I cannot tell lies ......I had to be sure what I raised my hand for. 

Can you see the young lady as well as the old lady ???


The talk continued and then she asked who cannot see the old lady in this picture ? she called a guy to come forward and then suddenly she came to me and asked me to help this man "see" the old lady.

She said I told everybody that I am 60 this year but I looked so young....then said I looked like 40 and not 60.

So I stepped forward, totally unprepared for this.......holding my shawl which I use to hide my legs because when we sit, our toes should not point at the monk or nun. It is deemed as "no respect".

So with a shawl round me and another shawl that I was holding, I went up to the "stage" to help the man see the "old lady"....telling him where the eyes are and where the mouth is. He could not see. That means that I have "no persuasive power". Then Jian Hui Fa Is also spoke to him.........and he still could not see.

Then before I went back to my seat, I asked Jian Hui Fa Si. if I am correct, she said "Yes" then I went back to my seat. The minute I sat on my seat and look at the old lady again, the old lady's image pop up in front of me !!!! WOW !!! I wondered what happened and still dismissed it.

My second Heavenly Gift came on 1st June 2019. It was the "pop up image or words"

A few weeks later......during my meditation,  a thought came to me that I had received a second Heavenly Gift from the Universe.

My first Heavenly Gift was the sound of "zzzzz" in my inner ears on 22 September 2018. I wen t to check my notes before I write this. Just in case, next time Jian hui Fa Si. called me to the "stage" again, I would be more prepared.

No comments: