Tuesday, July 09, 2019

"Lynn's Journey with The Avatamsaka Sutra" PART 1

Hai Yun Fa Sze Said even for anyone to have heard of this title is rare and much less even of one who recite this once !!!


"Lynn's Journey with The Avatamsaka Sutra" PART 1

Around November 2018 last year, I collected my first set of The Avatamsaka Sutra from International Plaza. I didn't ask them why the set of books were there but I called GRAB and took a ride down town to pick up my set. The jouney was long and expensive. But this wasn't about money. This is about "DESTINY" (Yuan Fen).

They also told me the whole set is quite heavy so I said : Not to worry, I will bring a bag with wheels to help me carry and get them down the escalator as the escalator at International Plaza is very steep and I am quite scared of heights.

Very happily, I got home and prepared a table with incense etc and began to recite. At that time over in Taiwan........many of the Buddhist Centre that Susan Chan (Jian Hui Fa Sze's Singapore contact) belong to .........were having this big Festival of Recitation and I was told to recite 5 chapters a day then can complete my recitation by a certain dateline. so that I can contribute with 5 sets of recitation.



Little did I know that The First Chapter was among one of the longest and I couldn't t go on. I stopped after reciting it for a few hours. But amazing things began to happen. But before that, I need to let you know that I had to go to International Plaza the second time to sponsor another set of The Avatamsaka Sutra. 

During Jian Hui Fa Sze's talk on 2 June 2019.......there was a lady who spoke about her feelings towards TAS and how she was told to keep those sets of TAS books in SG. Jian Hui Fa Sze told her to keep them there and wait.

When I heard this....I was wondering if they were keeping them there for me to go down to pick them up !!! They were holding them there and waiting for me to be ready to go down to pick my sets back to read. OMG !!!

This is because after that I recommended some clients to go ask Susan Chan for their sets and Susan informed them that all are sponsored. None left for them. The timing was not right for them. OMG !!!



First of all, when reciting....I felt a certain energy around me and it gives me comfort. I used to call this "chak chak" feeling. But when I read the 4 or 5 page, my tears rolled down. I cried. I don't know why but my tears just fell........not because it was so difficult for me to recite but because I brought home the one with the "Korean pin yin" and no "English pin yin". So when I read the word that I do not know how to read. I would say "ko no"...."ko no"....many many times ;))))

My first reaction on why my tears fell down was because I was very, very grateful to the people who went all the way to print this set of books. Look at the fine printing, the paper quality and the chinese text, not too big and not too small for old people like me......just right. It is just "Perfect". This is how I would describe it.

I also felt some energy near my heart there that stayed with me for the rest of the day.....until next day I also began reciting.....was trying to do 5 chapters a day thing mah....... but I know I was lagging behind...... now so short of 10 chapters already. By this time, I decided ok....this is NOT how I would want to recite this beautiful Sutra. I would like to recite it at my own pace and MINDFULLY. 


This somehow worked for me and then came Chinese New Year which was a very busy period for most fengshui masters like myself and therefore my recitation somehow came to a stop. But I never once forget that I have to go back to it.

There were several magical events/things that happened :
1) When I was preparing the Powerpoint Slides for all the 12 animal signs...I usually take a long time to finish them..... but after reciting TAS, words simply flow and flow - such that I can complete them all in two days !!! my personal quick record....before I edit and edit again. Then get someone to edit through before I go and give the talk in public.

2) Business also improved - So I was kept busy working....

3) My condo at Space@Kovan was rented for another year - renewed lease.

4) I found the right Sifu and took refuge under this Sifu who could read my mind in class - I guess this is the perfect sifu to have. No need to speak in words. Say in your thoughts can already. He can read me !!! Sorry forgot to mention his name. He is Venerable Hong Bok, a Malaysian, young monk. I always felt he had this special energy around him and I wished to be like him, someone who had attained Buddhahood. 

5) There is another BIG news, some good fortune that came - but for now....I would like to keep it a secret until everything is completed.



Which Chapters am I on now - I am now on chapter 54, just completed today and still got many chapters to go till chapter 80. 

After that, I would like to recite out loud the English version of The Avatamsaka Sutra (the big red book) and after that, I would probably like to go back to one more time in chinese. I believe the second time, I read this in chinese.....is going to be MAGICAL. Hopefully at the end of it all....I can attain Buddhahood in this lifetime.

Conclusion for Part 1 - What did I do with the Korean Pin Yin set ? I found a lady client from China who could read perfect mandarin. She owns her own business in Singapore. It would not be a problem for her. Besides she is a buddhist who does writing for Sutras and showed me...... her many works.



No comments: