Saturday, June 14, 2008

Our children are our pride and joy


Today, I drove my car to my parents' home chatted with them then went to my "investment home" for a while and then go to work fengshui for a shop and then home. I hardly go shopping or going out with friends. I am a homely person. my children are having their major exams this year so I try not to disturb them. I already told them what I want from them while the only thing I could do for them now is to offer donations in their names. I am a tibetan buddhist and it is my faith in "dharma" that kept me strong at all times. that is why my philosopy of life follows very closely to their teachings.
My main purpose right now is to save as much as possible as I have two sons who may be going to USA for their overseas education and that means a savings of S$300k. we earn our income while someone close to us will help us spend. this is the workings of the universe.
How often do you reach out to your children ? there is no need to talk to them everytime and everyday. Just spend "quality time" with them and tell them what you think they need to know or when they ask, then it is the time to teach. Some kids are more outspoken some are very quiet ones. Mine happen to be the quiet ones and shy. big headache to teach them to overcome their fear of speaking in public.
FENGSHUI FOR KIDS AT EXAMS: Some children are rather "rubber time" meaning that they are not very good with their management of time hence when it comes to exam questions they may tend to spend too much time on one question and then forgetting to answer one question because of the lack of time. then their results will be "poor" and then most mums complain about their children's poor results and ask me why. I have heard of this from my clients a few times and I "thought deeply" about it and then knew that this is "what happened" - the kids got nervous at exams and spend too much time on a single question.
Remember to help your child TIME the questions. Example: one question only 30mins after that must go to the next question and if they can write fast then got extra time can always go back and wrapped them up meaning to add more.
Some parents are also "rubber time" these are those who REALLY need to plan ahead and time their work and so they can get MANY things done in the shortest possible time. this is about :"Time Management" and I am very good with my "time management" such that I can get many things done on a single day. don't you think so ?
PROPERTIES: Currently I believe the rental market is still very busy with people renting and some buying but not as much as last year's. Property agents work very very hard and 7 days a week but the rewards are "awsome". want to be a property agent ? you must FIRST LOVE to look at properties and LOVE to meet people.
There was a day when I was with my client and chatting. when I heard about how much my client is paying for the HDB flat, I went like a "oh my" cause I would not pay S$400k for a HDB flat unless I have to. I don't mind paying half a million for the new 28.9sq m small condo if any Developers are building. I will be the first to buy. why ? because I like the fresh smell of cement in a new house the smaller the better. cheaper mah and from day one can make it 100% fully paid. Oh and fengshui must be good !!!
SHARES: Day Traders usually sit in front of their computers to trade and that is because they can't afford not to know what is happening. Do you wish to become a Day Trader ? STI index would be able to close at 3000 tomorrow.
Oh and "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY !!!" to all fathers out there.
TIP: "When children grow up, remember to let them go"

No comments: